Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League
Lisburn Distillery 2 Ferguson, Wright
Moyola Park 0

Moyola Park were visiting Drumbo Park for their clash with Lisburn Distillery in the Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League. Moyola Park were looking for a win to try and find good form and secure their third place spot before the league split.

The heavy rain before the match made for difficult conditions to play in. Both teams would find it hard going early on, struggling to keep control of the ball on a soggy pitch. The conditions would also cause the game to quickly become very physical, as seen by the heavy challenge on Peter McClure in the 4th minute that left him down for some time. As both teams struggled with the wet pitch and heavy, water soaked ball there was very few chances in the first half. The first real chance did fall to Distillery in the 18th minute but was hit well over the crossbar, showing no real threat to Farniok’s goal. Despite a lack of chances the first half did have some physical highlights, such as in the 20th minute when McClure made an excellent goal stopping challenge against the very same player who had injured him earlier. Jason Paul was played in on goal in the 21st minute but would hit his shot straight at the keeper. The last chance of the half would fall to Oran McAuley after a great pass from Benji Agnew, but a great save from the Distillery keeper would prevent a goal. A difficult half for both teams would end 0-0.

The second half started much better than the first, with the pitch clearly drier after the sun came out for most of the first half. Moyola would nearly find the opening goal in the 51st minute after a cross resulted in ping pong in the Distillery box, nearly scoring multiple times until the eventual clearance. Moyola would soon regret not being able to score as in the 53rd minute when Ferguson slid in to knock a low cross into the Moyola goal, messy but effective Lisburn led 1-0. Moyola did respond with some improved attacking play, with McCauley chipping the ball to Jason Paul who hit a volley just over the Distillery goal. This would be another rued chance as Adam Wright met a Lisburn corner well to make it 2-0 to Lisburn. It was after this that Moyola decided to make their first change, bringing Stephen Greer on for Joshua Evans. Soon after they would make another change with Conor Taggart returning from injury to replace Benji Agnew. Distillery’s response was to make a double change, bringing Workman and McCaw on for Young and Beta, clearly hoping the fresh legs would help them hold their league. Moyola would struggle to make chances, but Jason Paul would win the ball back in the Lisburn Distillery box in the 80th minute, only to have his shot blocked. An injury in the 88th minute would lead to a break before McCaw would come off from injury, replaced by Corry. The last chance of the match fell to Lisburn as they had a shot in the 90th minute blocked off the Moyola goal line. 2-0 it finished to Distillery, a loss in difficult conditions.