Belfast Telegraph Championship 2
Moyola Park 1 (Healy) Lurgan Celtic (C Lavery)

Moyola Park welcomed league leaders Lurgan Celtic to the Mill Meadow on Saturday looking to build on their midweek 6-0 win over Wakehurst.

The first chance in the game was in the second minute when C Lavery fired a shot straight at Farniok in the home goal.  In the seventh minute a corner from Gray was headed over by Waddell and a minute later at the other end a shot by Malone was well saved by Farniok.  With eighteen minutes on the clock C Lavery fired wide for the visitors following a pass from Barton.  The home side opened the scoring in the 23rd minute when good work down the left between Stewart and Gray saw the later cross for Healy to score his first goal via a deflection. Two minutes later a cross from N Lavery saw the well placed Malone head wide.  In the 28th minute Malone shot from the edge of the box only to see the impressive Farniok save his effort.  With 31 minutes on the clock a move that involved Healy, McAllister and Dowie found Gray however he pulled his shot wide.  With ten minutes left in the first half a cross from Waddell found Black who shot wide and in the 40th minute a punch straight up by Farniok was headed off the bar by Ryan.  With four minutes left Gallagher ran from the half way line and passed to Healy in the box who saw his shot saved by McCorry.  With the first half coming to a close McQuillan had a shot blocked and the ball broke to McAllister who saw his shot just go over the bar.

The start of the second half had very little action and Moyola made a change in the 53rd minute with Lucas replacing Waddell.  A minute later Malone found himself right in front of goal and somehow tripped over the ball and the chance was gone.  In the 55th minute a run by C Lavery into the Moyola penalty area was cleared by McQuillan.  The visitors thought they had equalised a minute later only to see Stewart clear the ball off the line.  With less than half an hour left a shot from N Lavery was blocked by McAllister. In the 69th minute a pass from Barton found Ryan and again Farniok made another great save.  Four minutes later Haire had his effort saved by Farniok and in the 75th minute Farniok again foiled the visitors when he saved from Ryan.  Lurgan Celtic equalised in the 76th minute when a ball into the box found C Lavery who turned and fired a shot past Farniok.  In the 79th minute a free kick from Black was tipped over by McCorry and with 2 minutes left a cross into the Moyola penalty by Ryan was missed by everyone and went out for a throw in.  With the game nearly over Haire thought he had won the game for the league leaders only to see Farniok make a fantastic save much to the dismay of the visiting fans.

This was a battling performance from the home side who had Farniok to thank as he has made at least 5 great saves to make the final score 1-1.

Moyola: Farniok, Waddell, Stewart, McQuillan, Kelly, Black, McAllister, Gallagher, Dowie, Healy, Gray. Subs: Taggart, Barrow, Bradley, Walls, Lucas.

Lurgan Celtic: McCorry, McVeigh, Hutchinson, McCarron, Cochrane, Rooney, N Lavery, Barton, Malone, Ryan, C Lavery. Subs: Goff, Haire, J Rodgers, A Rodgers, Seeley.