Banbridge Town FC vs Moyola Park

April 7, 2018
Score: 1 - 1

Match Report

Bluefin Premier Intermediate League
Banbridge Town FC 1 Greene
Moyola Park 1 Forrest

A tough test for Moyola as they went away for their match against Banbridge Town in the Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League. With the ball bobbling a lot on the pitch both teams would struggle to keep possession early on, playing a much more direct style. The first chance would fall to Moyola in the 2nd minute as both Jack Graham and Oran McAuley went for the same header with one of them glancing it just wide. The majority if the chances would fall to Moyola in the first half as they looked superior to their opponents, just lacking the killer edge to take the lead. This was shown in the 9th minute when McAuley cut the ball back to Forrest whose shot was blocked away for a corner. Forrest was then able to create a chance in the 11th minute when he crossed to Benji Agnew who would drill his shot wide. Despite having the greater chances Moyola were not in complete control of the game, with McAuley finding himself booked for a tackle from behind when he attempted to stop a Banbridge counter. The end of the half would see Banbridge attack more as they grew into the game. In the 29th minute a great save from Farniok was all that prevented a goal after a well driven shot. The last action of a difficult half came in the 35th minute when a late tackle resulted in a Banbridge yellow card. 0-0 at half time with both sides wanting some improvement in the second half to break the deadlock.

Moyola began the second half like the first, managing to find more chances. In the 49th minute it was Jason Paul who cut the ball back to Benji Agnew who would blast his shot well over. Agnew and Paul both looked a big threat for Moyola as they were often winning the ball higher up the pitch. Banbridge would begin to turn the game around however as they made more chances. The 52nd minute saw a shot struck wide and over the Moyola goal, not particularly threatening to Farniok but a warning Moyola would fail to head. In the 67th minute a long range volley from Banbridge would result in an incredible save from Farniok to keep the score 0-0. Moyola made their first change in the 72nd minute as they brought Stephen Greer on for Benji Agnew looking to try and break the deadlock. This would happen but not in the way Moyola had hoped as in the 78th minute a corner for Banbridge was met by Stephen Greene making it 1-0 to Banbridge. Banbridge continued to apply pressure as McClure was booked in the 81st minute as he desperately broke up a Banbridge counter, the resulting free kick was bent around the Moyola post, another close call. In the 86th minute however, Greer did extremely well to win the ball high up the pitch, he then played in a cross that resulted in ping pong in the Banbridge box as they failed to clear it before Stuart Forrest drove a shot home to equalise for Moyola, 1-1. Moyola would have to work hard for the remainder of the match to keep the score level whilst attempting to take the lead. Despite this difficulty they were able to keep the score level. It finished 1-1 at full time, a well-earned point that Moyola were made to work for by Banbridge.


Jason Paul
Marcin Farniok
Steven McQuillan
Craig McAllister
Aaron Harris
Oran McAuley
Stephen Doey
Stuart Forrest Goal
Peter McClure
Jack Graham
Benji Agnew


Conor Taggart
Stephen Greer Sub